Mooching Reel — Large Arbor, Disk Drag
- MR2LA mooching reel.
- Neoprene reel pouch with velcro closure.
- Maintenace Manual and Warranty card.
View or download the maintenance manual
MR2LA Maintenance Manual (408 KB)
The MR2LA boasts a large arbor spool. The large arbor design allows for quick line pickup and eliminates the need to use backing as filler. On the inside of the reel the spool runs on three fully sealed, stainless steel ball bearings.
The MR2LA also features a frame-side free spool lever that places the spool into a drag-less mode, allowing for quick drops to a desired depth. The drag is adjusted through the sculpted spool side drag knob, and offers a wide range of drag pressures.
- Free-spool/Drag Lever - Allows the user to completely disengage the drag.
- Delrin® Handles - Two contoured Delrin® handles. Delrin® is a light and durable engineering plastic.
- Sculpted Dragknob - Easily accessible and buttery smooth for infinite adjustments.
- Right Hand Only - Because of the free-spool design, the MR2LA cannot be configured for left hand retrieve.
Limited 2 Year Warranty
Islander offers a limited 2 year warranty against manufacturer defects. For a period of two years after the date of purchase, Islander Reels warrants this reel against any failure due to defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is valid only if the reel has been cleaned and maintained according to the Maintenance Instructions. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only. This warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, or loss. Nor does this warranty cover damage due to: improper use or improper assembly, improper/inadequate cleaning or improper/inadequate maintenance.
Cautionary Note: It is recommended that mono-filament line be removed from the line cavity of the spool every once in a while to relax the line and remove pressure from the spool walls.
|Spool Width||1.0 in|
|Capacity*||340 yds of 30# monofilament, no backing required|
|Construction||CNC machined in Canada 6061-T6 solid billet aluminum|
|Clutch System||CNC machined in Canada brass clutch with cork drag surface|
|Spindle||CNC machined in Canada 316 bar stock stainless steel|
|Rotation||3 Sealed / double sheilded stainless steel ball bearings|
|Finish||Anodized (All aluminum parts)|
|Assembly||All assembled by hand in Canada.|
* Capacities are subject to the style of line used.