Fly Reel - Large Arbor, Disk-Drag
- LX4.0 fly reel.
- Neoprene reel pouch with velcro closure.
- Maintenace Manual and Warranty card.
View or download the maintenance manual
LX Maintenance Manual (514 KB)
Every LX fly reel is designed with a large arbor spool to enhance retrieval speed and reduce the need for backing. The spool (and frame) are heavily ported to reduce weight without compromising structural integrity. The LX Series also has a large hardcoat anodized aluminum clutch with graphite impregnated cork drag surface for buttery smooth action and enough stopping power to straighten a hook.
- Counter Balanced Spool - To keep the reel stable during high-speed runs, every LX spool is both externally and internally counterweighted, which balances the mass of the handle assembly and the clicker assembly.
- Drag Adjustment - The frame-side drag adjustment knob is buttery smooth and infinitely adjustable.
- Right or Left Hand - Easy conversion between right and left hand retrieve without tools.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
For the lifetime of the original purchaser, Islander Reels warrants this reel against any failure due to defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is valid only if the reel has been cleaned and maintained according to the Maintenance Instructions. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only. This warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, or loss. Nor does this warranty cover damage due to improper use or improper assembly, improper/inadequate cleaning or improper/inadequate maintenance. This warranty will cover bearing wear and replacement for a period of two years.
|Capacity*||WF9F + 200 yds 30#|
|Construction||CNC machined in Canada 6061-T6 solid billet aluminum|
|Clutch System||CNC machined in Canada 7075-T6 hardcoat anodized aluminum clutch with cork drag surface|
|Spindle||CNC machined in Canada 316 bar stock stainless steel|
|Rotation||3 Double sheilded stainless steel ball bearings|
|Finish||Anodized (All aluminum parts)|
|Assembly||All assembled by hand in Canada.|
* Backing capacities are subject to the style of backing used.
Exotic (Gelspun) style backings can increase capacity by a general rule of thumb:
You can increase capacities by 15% using flat or oval backing.
You can increase capacity of 20# by 75% and 30# by 50% using Gelspun etc.