Centerpin Float Reel — Large Arbor, Click-Drag
- IS centerpin reel.
- Neoprene reel pouch with velcro closure.
- Maintenace Manual and Warranty card.
View or download the maintenance manual
IS Maintenance Manual (675 KB)
The IS is certainly designed with elegance and functionality in mind. The spool has a large arbour for quick retrieval and a large, smooth palming rim allowing for everything down to the lightest touch of drag. Precision machining and perfect balance allow the spool to spin effortlessly, but the simple click drag system can be engaged with the free-spool button on the frame to keep line under control.
- Bearings - The Steelheader runs on 2 ABEC 3 shielded stainless steel ball bearings.
- Click Drag - If desired, it provides a slight drag when engaged. The clicker also prevents line from spooling off between uses.
- Free-spool Button - Completely disengages the clicker for free-spool operation and casting.
Limited 2 Year Warranty
Islander offers a limited 2 year warranty against manufacturer defects. For a period of two years after the date of purchase, Islander Reels warrants this reel against any failure due to defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is valid only if the reel has been cleaned and maintained according to the Maintenance Instructions. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only. This warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, or loss. Nor does this warranty cover damage due to: improper use or improper assembly, improper/inadequate cleaning or improper/inadequate maintenance.
|Capacity*||350 yds of 20# monofilament|
|Construction||CNC machined in Canada 6061-T6 solid billet aluminum|
|Clicker System||Delrin clicker with Delrin gear|
|Spindle||CNC machined in Canada 316 bar stock stainless steel|
|Rotation||2 Double sheilded stainless steel ball bearings|
|Finish||Anodized (All aluminum parts)|
|Assembly||All assembled by hand in Canada.|
* Capacities are subject to the style of the line used.